Make your mark in Creative Services at WPTV NewsChannel 5 in West Palm Beach, FL. We want YOU to join the station! lf you win with professional excellence, have a high-energy sense of urgency and a proven track record in Marketing, then we’d love to have you on our team as the
next Promotions Writer/Producer.
Strong self-motivation, ability to work with extremer deadlines is essential. Utilize use of good writing spelling and grammar to communicate messages internally and externally. Candidate must be willing to accommodate a flexible schedule and be able to work outside the normal workweek when required. Ability to act quickly and effectively to instructions, both written and verbal. Ability to read and comprehend various written documents for purposes of instruction, clarification, or information. Ability to view and discern video for correct color and quality. Ability to hear and analyze audio for the purposes of effective sound mixing in the studio or the edit bay.
We’re looking for someone who can jump right into the mix and continue our success. Do not apply if you can’t handle living in one of the most desired areas in Florida.
- Conceive, write, shoot, edit, and coordination of all video and audio materials necessary for production of News Promotion. This will include, but not be exclusive to: topicals, station image campaigns, proof of benefit promos, sweeps promos, and corporate
- Work in concert with News managers, producers, reporters, and photographers to effectively market daily newscast elements to the viewing Exercise effective news and marketing judgment to determine promotable stories from information available from or supplied by News department in order to determine comrnercial/topical content.
- Effectively manage time, resources, and personnel so that stated objectives are met according to established and communicated
- Perform other duties as needed.
West Palm Beach
- Experience in News and/or Promotions is
- A minimum of two years previous experience performing the duties as
described above preferred.
Proficient in Final Cut Pro or X preferred. Adobe Creative Suite knowledge is helpful Shooting with DSLR experience preferred. Experienced in effective social media outreach. Must present a sample reel (DVD or online). Must possess fundamental computer skills
(Word/Excel) and type well.
College degree preferred.